Maybe it’s in my head, but once those earbuds start pumping some good songs it feels like I run a little taller, a little stronger and with a bigger smile. In fact, if I’ve forgotten my music the excuses immediately start bubbling to the surface and I’d rather do ANYTHING else than run in silence. Makes triathlons kind of tricky.
Since music has become an integral piece of my training, I thought it might be good to post some songs I can’t get off my shuffle. I would venture to guess that I have a pretty unusual assortment of songs that probably don’t really fit together, but hey, it gets the job done!
Have a song I’m missing or one that you can’t run without? Let me hear about it.
The Current Playlist
- Jet – Rollover DJ
- Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
- Guns N Roses – Paradise City
- Motley Crüe – Kickstart my Heart
- New Pornographers – Use It
- New Pornographers – Don’t Bring Me Down
- Polyphonic Spree – Light and Day
- Ke$ha – blow
- Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne – Let it Rock